What surprises me is that if the LLDD *can't* get to know about the hot
plugging / unplugging of device, what is the use of the functions
scsi_add_device() and scsi_remove_device()??

Please note that these functions are provided by scsi mid-level driver to
LLDD to add / remove devices (Refer to
Documentation/scsi/scsi_mid_low_api.txt).

Thanks & Regards,

Rajat Jain
HCL Technologies,
A-11, Sector 16, Noida-201301.
Ph: +91-120-2510701/702/813 Extn.3159
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.hcltech.com/

        "...one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C
programs."
        Robert Firth