Markus Lidel wrote:
Hello,

i wanted to ask if it is possible to put the typedef "Sg_request" into sg.h?

A surprising question. I would have though Sg_request was private to the sg driver but ...

It is possible. Seems as though "#if __KERNEL__" conditional
blocks are still acceptable in kernel headers and scsi/sg,h
already has such a block.

If Sg_request moved to sg.h then that would require Sg_scatter_hold
to move as well.

The reason i'm asking is, i need to pass data through SG_IO from an application to the driver. At the moment the problem is solved by copying code of the SG_IO driver into i2o_config (the passthru function). I'm working on removing the passthru function and instead using the SG_IO interface, but therefore i need to pass some additional data to the driver. I could use the use the "flags" and "usr_ptr" fields in sg_io_hdr_t, but i need to get access to them through "Sg_request".

Any comments appreciated.

Let's see what the style police say :-)

Doug Gilbert