Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

>Have you managed to get netconsole running? Do you have no chance at all
>to use a serial console? You are, perhaps, the only / last user of dc395x
>on a high-mem machine, the driver is known to have a problem there,
>although from your dump I cannot see yet if that is indeed the problem. As
>someone also already suggested, you could also just try to reduce your
>terminal font size to fit the entire Oops on the monitor. I've tried to
>make a patche for the high-mem problem of dc395x, but we didn't have any
>testers. So, would be nice if you could help.

I never got netconsole running no. And serial setup is a bit pesky. I'll
try changing the font size when I get access to the machine again (this
weekend).

As far as I know the machine is not a high-mem machine. It is only
equipped with 1 GB memory. I have no intention of changing the
SCSI-controller in that machine so I'll be glad to test any patches. Be
warned that I don't have the machine close by though so it might take a
day or two before I can test anything you send.

Rgds
Pierre