Aboo Valappil wrote:
> Stefan Richter wrote:
>>   - vscsihba enters scsi_remove_host() or scsi_remove_device(),
>>   - SCSI core and upper layers do whatever it takes to withdraw from
>>     the respective I-T(-L) nexus gracefully (e.g. synchronize cache,
>>     unlock drive door...),
>>
> Does this happen automatically when the scsi_remove_host() is called,

Yes. The SCSI core passes the remove/shutdown request up to the higher
layers like sd_mod for orderly shutdown. There is no distinction between
regular shutdown and hot-unplug in SCSI core or above; these layers
treat everything as regular shutdown. Only the LLD can (and has to) make
this distinction.
--
Stefan Richter