James
  Could you at least put the following patch in scsi-pending
so it can attract some acknowledgment, and retract futile
attempts from people at coding these drivers.
(And also git is better than me in maintaining it synced)

Christoph Hellwig!
  I need your Recommended-by: on this. I had my regular
convert-to-accessors, and because of your recommendation
I'm pushing this removal. And I keep doing it again and again
because a removal patch is a conflict-to-any by definition.

David S. Miller & Maciej W. Rozycki
  Please add a comment in favor of this move. And a few words for
the few users left for this hardware.

Boaz