On 1/3/2008 10:58 PM, Love, Robert W wrote:
[FUJITA Tomonori wrote]
>>I would add one TODO item, better integration with scsi_transport_fc.
>>If we have HW FCoE HBAs in the future, we need FCoE support in the fc
>>transport class (you could use its netlink mechanism for event
>>notification).
>
> What do you have in mind in particular? Our layers are,
>
> SCSI
> Openfc
> FCoE
> net_devive
> NIC driver
>
> So, it makes sense to me that we fit under scsi_transport_fc. I like our
> layering- we clearly have SCSI on our top edge and net_dev at our bottom
> edge. My initial reaction would be to resist merging openfc and fcoe and
> creating a scsi_transport_fcoe.h interface.

AFAIU the stack should be:

  - SCSI core,
    scsi_transport_fc
  - Openfc (an FCoE implementation)
  - net_device
  - NIC driver

_If_ there will indeed be dedicated FCoE HBAs in the future, the
following stack could exist in addition to the one above:

  - SCSI core,
    scsi_transport_fc
  - FCoE HBA driver(s)

--