Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
iSCSI is way, way too complicated.

I fully agree. From one side, all that complexity is unavoidable for case of multiple connections per session, but for the regular case of one connection per session it must be a lot simpler.

Actually, think about those multiple connections... we already had to implement fast-failover (and load bal) SCSI multi-pathing at a higher level. IMO that portion of the protocol is redundant: You need the same capability elsewhere in the OS _anyway_, if you are to support multi-pathing.

        Jeff