On 09/30/2012 10:47 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, Aaron Lu wrote:
> 
>> Makes sense to me, but there is a problem if I want to block events
>> checking for the disk, as I do not have a pointer to the gendisk in ATA
>> layer.
> 
>> The tray will be ejected by the ODD itself when it has power, I do not
>> need to do that. Moreover, I don't think I need enable the GPE bit when
>> it has power.
> 
> It sounds like you need to add only two things to the sr layer: An 
> interface to enable/disable event checking and an interface to request 
> an eject.  (And perhaps ejects can be carried out entirely within the 
> ATAPI layer, with no need to involve sr.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to do this.

-Aaron

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-scsi" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to