On 03/15/2013 12:46 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
The SCSI EH keeps trying until all outstanding request have been
finished. Does lpfc_host_reset_handler() invoke scsi_done() for

I don't think so (ends up calling lpfc_sli_cancel_iocbs() via lpfc_hba_down_post() after shutting down the mailbox) but I've not seen the EH escalate all the way to host reset in most of my testing - usually some time after reaching the bus reset remaining IOs timeout and the error bubbles up to device-mapper (all the cases I'm looking at are devices managed by a dm-multipath target).

The problem is that getting to this stage can take a very long time - much longer than most cluster's node eviction timer for e.g. which is the source of much of the complaint about this behaviour.

outstanding requests ? If not, how about modifying
lpfc_host_reset_handler() such that it finishes all outstanding requests
if the remote port is not reachable ?

I'm not sure how safe that is in this situation - James mentioned in the I_T nexus reset thread concerns about frames that could be delayed etc. in the fabric if the host unilaterally abandons IOs (not sure of the details for lpfc at this level).

Regards,
Bryn.