2013/8/21 Douglas Gilbert <dgilb...@interlog.com>:
> On 13-08-19 10:16 AM, Akinobu Mita wrote:
>>
>> Hi Douglas, Martin,
>>
>> Could you review this patch when you have a time?  I would like to
>> submit at least this patch 2/4, and 1/4 which has already been acked
>> by Douglas for the next merge window.
>>
>> Although the patches 2/4 ~ 4/4 are all related to the logical block
>> provisioning support, the problems that fixed by 3/4 and 4/4 only
>> happen with virtual_gb option enabled, too.  On the other hand, the
>> problem that fixed by 2/4 is easily reproduced by, for example,
>> 'modprobe scsi_debug lbpu=1 unmap_alignment=1 unmap_granularity=4'.
>> So the patch 2/4 has rather higher severity than others.
>

> This is Martin's area of expertise so I hope he also
> acks it.
>
> Acked-by: Douglas Gilbert <dgilb...@interlog.com>

Thanks.

BTW, I realized that the commit log for this change didn't fully
describe the problem.  So I'll update it so that it includes a
concrete example like below.

How to reproduce this problem:
        # modprobe scsi_debug lbpu=1 unmap_alignment=1 unmap_granularity=4
        # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb
        # sg_unmap --lba=1 --num=4 /dev/sdb

GET LBA STATUS command for lba=1 shows that the last UNMAP command didn't work:
        # sg_get_lba_status --lba=1 /dev/sdb
        descriptor LBA: 0x0000000000000001  blocks: 16383  mapped