http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=133901769900806&w=2

Can we reconsider applying patch 4 in Mike's set?
The problem still exists, and there was never another
solution proposed as far as I can see.  (I posted a
question about this a while back...)

It is a big issue for people who happen to get a
KOBJ_CHANGE uevent while their iSCSI session happens
to be disconnected for some reason, because udev
will end up removing the /dev/by-xxx links when it
can't access the device.  If there is no subsequent
uevent when the device is available again, the links
are never recreated.

-Ewan