On 02/06/14 17:56, James Bottomley wrote:
> Could you benchmark this lot and show what the actual improvement is
> just for this series, if any?

I see a performance improvement of 12% with the SRP protocol for the
SCSI core optimizations alone (I am still busy measuring the impact of
the blk-mq conversion but I can already see that it is really
significant). Please note that the performance impact depends a lot on
the workload (number of LUNs per SCSI host e.g.) so maybe the workload I
chose is not doing justice to Christoph's work. And it's also important
to mention that with the workload I ran I was saturating the target
system CPU (a quad core Intel i5). In other words, results might be
better with a more powerful target system.

Bart.