> On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 05:20:01PM +0200, Tomas Henzl wrote:
>> The current implementation may mix the negative value returned
>> from pm8001_set_nvmd with with count. -(-ENOMEM) could be interpreted
>> as bytes programmed, this patch fixes it.
> This still doesn;t look correct to me as err mixes up the driver
> internal FAIL_* codes with Linux error codes.  It seems like for the
> FAIL_* codes should only go into ->fw_status and the return value
> should be a proper Linux error code.

And the fw_status might be later used to show error strings in
pm8001_show_update_fw,
if it is so it depends on the flash utility but it seems likely.

> Funny fact: the FAIL_* / FLASH_IN_PROGRESS codes seems to be the same
> between aic94xx and pm8001.

And similar story there too - asd_store_update_bios -...- asd_poll_flash(might
return -ENOENT)

Maybe the flash utility ignores the return value or it has never happened.

I'll try to find what seems to be the most probable way and post it in few days.
This patch is not related to the patches 1-3/4, so just wait with this one.

Thanks, Tomas