On 06/25/2014 01:32 PM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> On 6/25/2014 11:48 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>>
>>> I made the patch below which should fix both bidi
>>> support in iscsi and also WRITE_SAME (and similar commands) support.
>>
>> I'm a bit confused, for all commands (bidi or not) the iscsi header
>> data_length
>> should describe the scsi_data_buffer length, bidi information will lie
>> in AHS header.
>> (in case bidi will ever co-exist with PI, we might need another helper
>> that will look
>> in req->special + PI, something like scsi_bidi_transfer_length)
>>
>> So why not keep scsi_transfer_length to work on sdb length (take
>> scsi_bufflen(scmnd) or
>> scsi_out(scmnd)->length as MKP suggested) and that's it - don't touch
>> libiscsi.
>>
>> Let me test that.
>>

> So I tested a bidirectional command using:
> $ sg_raw --infile=/root/filex --send=1024 --request=1024
> --outfile=/root/filex "/dev/bsg/7:0:0:0" 53 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
>
> And I see:
> kernel: session1: iscsi_prep_scsi_cmd_pdu iscsi prep [bidirectional cid
> 0 sc ffff880468ca1e00 cdb 0x53 itt 0x16 len 1024 bidi_len 1024 cmdsn 223
> win 64]

This is a very bad example and tested nothing, since len && bidi_len
are the same. So even if you had a bug and took length from the
wrong side it would come out the same.

You must test with a bidi command that has two different lengths for
each side

If you have a tree that you want me to test I will be glad too.
>From this thread I'm confused as to what patches you want me to
test? please point me to a tree you need testing. You can bug me
any time, any tree. I will be happy to test.

Cheers
Boaz