>>>>> "Sagi" == Sagi Grimberg <sa...@dev.mellanox.co.il> writes:

Sagi> On second thought, since the transfer length is always the command
Sagi> scsi data buffer length, why not keep it as is and if at any point
Sagi> in the future DIF will co-exist with bidi, we can add
Sagi> scsi_bidi_transfer_length which will calculate the bidi in length.

Sagi> In this case, an iSCSI bidi transaction will do:

Sagi>   hdr-> data_length = scsi_transfer_legnth(sg);
Sagi>   rlen_ahdr-> read_length = scsi_bidi_transfer_length(sc);

I agree that the distinction between in and out buffers is unnecessary
and a bit of a burden. Unless it's a bidi command there is only one
buffer. I don't think there's an inherent win in having multiple names
for it depending on I/O direction.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering