On 8/6/2014 4:25 PM, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
On 08/06/2014 03:43 PM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
Hi Boaz,

<>

I hate that you introduced this new transfer_length variable. It does
not exist. In BIDI supporting driver there is out_len and in_len just
as original code.

Effectively, out_len and in_len are the same except for the bidi case.
Moreover, the hdr->data_length is exactly the command scsi data buffer
length, the bidi length is taken from scsi_in when we build the AHS for
bidi (rlen_ahdr->read_length).

So to me it is correct and makes sense. But I'm don't feel so strong
about it...

Mike what's your take on this?

I have a patch to clean all that, will send tomorrow.

What I mean is that this is on the out-path only the in path is different.
See the code this variable is only used in the if (== DMA_TO_DEVICE) case and
should be local to that scope. This is my clean up

Hey Boaz,

So in the current flow, I still don't think it is wrong/buggy, the
transfer byte length related to scsi buffer length (In iscsi for sure but I think that for all transports it is the same).

But,
Since you have such a strong objection on this I'm also OK with changing
stuff... We can pass a buffer to scsi_transfer_length (although it has no meaning effectively) and we can keep in/out_len local variables and
print them along with total transfer.

Do you want me to send out a patch here (since I have some hardware to test it...) or are you still planning to send out something?

Cheers,
Sagi.