Hi All,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Xose Vazquez Perez
<xose.vazq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 05:51 PM, Himanshu Madhani wrote:
>
>> On 5/18/15, 6:50 PM, "Julian Calaby" <julian.cal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Do the devices these firmware files are for exist and is there any
>>> chance of the files being released?
>>
>> Yes. These devices are available and we read firmware from FLASH on these
>> adapters.
>> At times when debugging/triaging involves firmware, we use binaries that
>> would be useful for quick triaging.
>
> It looks like newer FW files were released on 4/29/2015 in:
> http://ldriver.qlogic.com/firmware/rpms/qlogic-firmware-8.01.00-1.noarch.rpm
>
> ql2400_fw.bin:  COPYRIGHT 2015 QLOGIC CORPORATION   ISP24xx Firmware
> Version   8.01.00  $
> ql2500_fw.bin:  COPYRIGHT 2015 QLOGIC CORPORATION   ISP24xx Firmware
> Version   8.01.00  $
> ql2600_fw.bin:  COPYRIGHT 2015 QLOGIC CORPORATION   ISP24xx Firmware
> Version   8.01.00  $
> ql2700_fw.bin:  COPYRIGHT 2015 QLOGIC CORPORATION   ISP24xx Firmware
> Version   8.01.00  $
> ql8300_fw.bin:  COPYRIGHT 2015 QLOGIC CORPORATION   ISP24xx Firmware
> Version   8.01.00  $
>

> Could you please send meaningful files to linux-firmware.git ?
> And remove irrelevant code from qla_os.c/Kconfig

Assuming that these files are actually sent to linux-firmware.git, the
patch I just sent will hide the stuff for the missing firmware files
behind a new Kconfig symbol, this way it's there for Qlogic, however
hidden from people who don't have access to the files.

Thanks,

--
Julian Calaby

Email: julian.cal...@gmail.com