On 09/04/16 16:11, Varun Prakash wrote:
Add two callbacks to struct iscsit_transport -

1. void *(*iscsit_alloc_pdu)()
    iscsi-target uses this callback for
    iSCSI PDU allocation.

2. void (*iscsit_free_pdu)
    iscsi-target uses this callback
    to free an iSCSI PDU which was
    allocated by iscsit_alloc_pdu().

Can you please explain why are you adding two different
callouts? Who (Chelsio T5) will need it, and why they can't
use the in-cmd pdu?

I am adding these to avoid per PDU 48 bytes(BHS) memcpy from cmd->pdu to
transport driver tx buffer, iscsi-target can directly form iscsi hdr
in transport driver tx buffer.

Is that what it's for? Looks meaningless to me, do
you have an indication that this is some sort of bottleneck?

I see you memset in your pdu_alloc, where is the gain
here anyway?