On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:52:11PM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

> >>Your driver allocates ttt's? That looks like bad
> >>layering to me. This definitely deserves an explanation...
> >
> >cxgbit.ko allocates ttt only for r2t pdus to do Direct Data
> >Placement of Data Out pdus, adapter uses the ttt value in
> >Data Out pdus to place data directly in the host buffers.
>
> How do you guarantee that the core doesn't conflict with
> your internal ttt's?

- iscsi-target does not make any decision based on
  r2t->targ_xfer_tag.

- From iscsi RFC https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7143#section-11.8.5
  There is no protocol rule about the Target Transfer Tag
  except that the value 0xffffffff is reserved and MUST NOT
  be sent by a target in an R2T.

- T5 adapter checks ttt only for Data Out pdus, so even
  if it is same for other pdus it does not matter.