On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:30:34AM -0800, James Bottomley wrote:
> I'd actually disagree with this assertion; it's why tagging (what you
> mean by ncq) and queue depth are separate.  Queue depth represents the
> number of outstanding commands we sent on the wire; however, it often
> excludes things like sense probes and error handling commands, so
> tagged depth==1 is a different operating environment from untagged.
>  Some transports actually have no untagged variant nowadays, so it's
> physically impossible to disable tagging.

Yes.  We have the queue_type sysfs file that also used to be writeable
and allow changing the queue type, but it's never been used for
anything.

For debugging you can clear the tagged_supported flag in the driver,
but there should be no reason for doing that during normal operation
for a SAS HBA driver.