On Mon, 2017-03-06 at 22:46 -0500, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> Mauricio> On 02/12/2017 07:49 PM, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> > > We see lpfc devices regularly fail during kexec. Fix this by
> > > adding a
> > > shutdown method which mirrors the remove method.
>
> Mauricio> @mkp, @jejb: may you please flag this patch for
> stable?  Thank
> Mauricio> you.
>
> I don't recall a consensus being reached on this patch.

What would be the opposition ? Without it kexec breaks. With it, it
works ...

Now we all seem to agree that kexec should be overhauled to not use
shutdown but instead unbind drivers, but that's a more long term
project that nobody yet had a chance to tackle.

In the meantime, some systems need a functioning kexec to boot.

Cheers,
Ben.