On 8/18/17 00:01, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 21:19 +0900, Damien Le Moal wrote:
>>>
>>> NAK.  Please fix the issue instead of this.
>>
>> I do have a fix ready to send. All the fixes are at blk-mq level and
>> basically ensure that dispatch from the hctx->dispatch list are in order
>> for write commands (regular writes, write same and write zeroes).
>> It is well tested and at least fixes all the problems I have seen with
>> dm-zoned and f2fs.
>
> Hello Damien,
>
> Another possible approach is to fix the ipr driver and to resubmit the
> "scsi-mq: Always unprepare before requeuing a request" and "scsi: sd_zbc:
> Write unlock zone from sd_uninit_cmnd()" patches.

Bart,

Yes, getting back "scsi-mq: Always unprepare before requeuing a request"
in would be ideal. Right now, I do not have a clue how to otherwise
avoid the deadlock on mq with a solution that fits both sq and mq, that
is, one that will not get a NAK from Christoph :)
But since we already are at rc5, it is risky to wait for a fix for the
PowerPC boot problem that may not come in time. So still trying.

Best.

--
Damien Le Moal,
Western Digital