On Tue, 2017-10-10 at 09:57 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Bart Van Assche - 09.10.17, 16:14:
> > The contexts from which a SCSI device can be quiesced or resumed are:
> > [ ... ]
>
> Does this as reliably fix the issue as the patches from Ming? I mean in *real
> world* scenarios? Or is it just about the same approach as Ming has taken.
>
> I ask cause I don´t see any Tested-By:´s here? I know I tested Ming´s patch
> series and I know it fixes the hang after resume from suspend with blk-mq +
> BFQ
> issue for me. I have an uptime of 7 days and I didn´t see any uptime even
> remotely like that in a long time (before that issue Intel gfx drivers caused
> hangs, but thankfully that seems fixed meanwhile).
>
> I´d be willing to test. Do you have a 4.14.x tree available with these
> patches
> applied I can just add as a remote and fetch from?

Hello Martin,

A previous version of this patch series passed Oleksandr's tests. This series is
close to that previous version so I think it is safe to assume that this version
will also pass Oleksandr's tests. Anyway, more testing is definitely welcome so
if you want to verify this series please start from the following tree (Jens'
for-next branch + this series):
https://github.com/bvanassche/linux/tree/blk-mq-pm-v7

Thanks,

Bart.