Back when we introduced scsi-mq with hpsa, the best approach was to
route interrupts and completion handling so each CPU core handles its
own submissions; this way, they are self-throttling.

Every other arrangement was subject to soft lockups and other problems
when the completion CPUs become overwhelmed with work.

See https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/9/9/931.

---
Robert Elliott, HPE Persistent Memory