On 05/10/2018 16:51, chris.mo...@microchip.com wrote:
Thanks Hannes,

After some pointers from Shane Seymour I found that the FC and SRP transport
layers
have a devloss timer, so that when a device disappears they hold on to the
target
information for a time waiting to see if it comes back.  The SAS transport layer
doesn't have that feature.

The options for me then would be to modify scsi_transport_sas.c to implement
the devloss timeout, or to put that functionality into my LLDD.

I'm willing to put the work into the SAS transport and libsas, but I suspect
there's
not a universal need for it.  And since my LLDD is for internal use at our
company and
won't be upstreamed, I'll probably just do the work there.  If anyone feels
that this
is a feature that more people would want then I'll look into doing that.

Hello,

This feature sounds interesting for libsas. I however have a question on feasibility of devloss here (note: I'm not familiar with the concept/realization for other standards): if a device is deattached and re-attached, how can we confirm the same device? For SAS device it's ok as a disk has the WWN, but what about SATA?

Thanks,
John

Thanks,
Chris