> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 07:14:14PM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
>>> Is this really required? I would think that a non-zero value for
>>> shost->nr_reserved_cmds means the same thing in practice.
>>> ;
>> My implementation actually allows for per-device reserved tags (eg for
>> virtio). But some drivers require to use internal commands prior to any
>> device setup, so they have to use a separate reserved command queue just to
>> be able to allocate tags.
>
> Why would virtio-scsi need per-device reserved commands?  It currently uses
> a global mempool to allocate the reset commands.

Oh, I'm perfectly fine with dropping the per-device reserved commands,
and use the host-wide queue in general.
It turns out most of the drivers use it that way already.
Will be doing so for the next iteration.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                Teamlead Storage & Networking
h...@suse.de                                   +49 911 74053 688