Bill Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'd like to know if the 16650 UART is supported with the 2.2.x kernels. I
> recently bought a 16-bit high speed (up to 480Kbps) serial card for my
> ISDN terminal adaptor and I'd like to use it with Linux. This is not a
> 16550.

 ebi $ dmesg | grep 166
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a ST16650V2
 ebi $

works like a charm here since over a year. Read drivers/char/serial.c
for some comments about supported UARTS though. It seems there are
different versiond of the 16650 out there.
Also setserial versions prior to 2.14 gave me some funny behaviour
with kernels newer than 2.1.97. YMMV

Regards,
--
Eberhard Burr    check http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Eberhard.Burr/publickey.asc
                 for PGP Key -- #include <stddisc.h> -- electric cookie follows

-