On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 01:38:40PM -0700, ira.we...@intel.com wrote:
> From: Ira Weiny <ira.we...@intel.com>
>
> Every arch has the same code to ensure atomic operations and a check for
> !HIGHMEM page.
>
> Remove the duplicate code by defining a core kmap_atomic() which only
> calls the arch specific kmap_atomic_high() when the page is high memory.

Err....  AFAICS, you've just silently changed the semantics for
kmap_atomic_prot() here.  And while most of the callers are converted,
drivers/gpu/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_util.c one is not, so at the very least it's
a bisect hazard...

And I would argue that having kmap_atomic() differ from kmap_atomic_prot()
wrt disabling preempt is asking for trouble.