Hi Helmut,

On 2/26/21 1:47 AM, Helmut Grohne wrote:

Unfortunately, no. Debian has started freezing in preparating of the
bullseye release. Only up to version 2.31 is packaged and Aurelien seems
a little busy these days. If I recall correctly, 2.32 drops some
backwards compatibility stuff that Debian still relies on $somewhere,
but is transitioning away already.

2.32 also brings in 64-bit time_t/offset support (at least the ARC ABI is) so there might be even more work in rest of ecosystem.

So it's not just dumping 2.32
together with the 2.31 packaging in experimental.

Before that happens, there is little I can do to help. With 2.31, we
still get:
| checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: The arc is not supported.

At one point you were contemplating diff'ing between glibc 2.31 and 2.32 and trying to apply that to unstable package w/o bumping the version. But how about we take 2.31 as baseline and use the prio ARC port (same 32-bit time_t ABI) to kick things forward if just as a hack. We would then be able to shake out any other potential downstream blockers)

I'm still interested in supporting the arc bootstrap. Please get back
with me when we can move on.

Thx, that is appreciated.

You can check Debian's glibc version at
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/glibc at any time in the version column.