Hi Helmut,

> On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 07:25:35PM +0000, Alexey Brodkin wrote:
> > Any chances to get updates on this one some time soon?
>
> No. The triplet cannot be changed once added. Therefore, the addition is
> often deferred. The absence of the triplet can easily be worked around.
> A bootstrap can be prototyped already. A major missing piece though is
> glibc 2.32 being packaged in Debian. That likely is a prerequisite for
> resolving this bug.

Well not sure why there's a dependency on glibc as w/o ARC target support
in dpkg nothing could be built for ARC. For example I did built Binutils
with fixed dpkg.

> Things that often need architecture-specific support for a new
> architecture include:
>  * guile-X.Y (cross support)
>  * libgc

Above 2 are not [yet] supported but seems to be easy ones.

>  * libxcrypt (symbols)

Not sure about "libxcrypt" (whatver that means), but libgpg-error supports ARC
since 2018, see:
https://github.com/gpg/libgpg-error/commit/48c8f8ddfc80551db7615e1eb3555c1dc3f6a657

>  * nspr

Done in 2019, see
https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nspr/rev/cc73b6c7dab2e8053533e1f2c0c23dc721e10b76

>  * openssl (packaging)

Not sure what needs to be done here as I know we build a lot of complex
things with OpenEmbedded/Yocto and openssl libs are being built for sure.

> Are any of these fixed or confirmed working for arc?

See above, quite some do work.

-Alexey