Hello,
First of all, sorry for my english.
I have an old laptop compaq armada 1573d, on which I installed vector-linux 3.2.
Looking in windows I saw that the sound-card is es1878 with this configuration:
io=0x220 irq=5 dma=5 dma16=1 mpu_io=0x300.
I used these values with kernel-module sb, and dmesg says:

sb: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
SB 3.01 detected OK (220)
ESS chip ES1878 detected
ESS1688: Invalid DMA8 5
<ESS ES1878 AudioDrive (rev 11) (3.01)> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 5,1

When I play simple file of type .au or for example /xfce/sound/beep02.wav all
is ok but if I play mp3 it sounds only noise like a radio without any station.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Thank you, ciao
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-sound" in