Hi,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 04:09:14PM -0800, Юрий Пухальский wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have an A13-olinuxino board with 3.13-rc4 kernel from sunxi-next branch
> (from December I think). I have a custom hardware which should talk to the
> A13 by serial line.

What kind of hardware is that?

> Atm it's connected to GPIO2 pins 12,14 (and GND) which is PE10&PE11 pins.
> But that doesn't work.

How exactly? What are you trying to do, what doesn't work and how do
you test it?

> I try to connect the hardware through USB-serial converter PL2303 to the
> same board, it works.
> I've read the forums, there's no tty on UART1 now, so nothing should
> hinder. But I've connected the serial console through it recently, so UART1
> circuitry appears to be working.

Hmmm, so is it working, or doesn't it work? I'm confused here....

> Sorry if my questions are silly, I have never worked with it.
> Are pins 152 and 124 leading to the same circuitry inside the CPU, but
> outside are connected to different places, namely GPIO2 and UART1?

Yes, the same internal pin is routed to several external pins, to
allow some flexibility in the hardware design.

> I've read about multiplexing, and see that in the A13 spec UART1_TX from
> these pins are in the second column (mode1?), do I need to configure
> something so they are put into this mode, or it happens automatically? It
> appears that it works automatically, I've configured UART3 to PG9&PG10 and
> it works ok…
> I'm completely lost here, maybe you can advise a way of debugging it?

Please tell what you're trying to do exactly, what issues are you
facing, and paste your custom device tree.

Thanks!

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com