On 03/29/2014 05:37 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sat, 2014-03-29 at 16:52 +0100, Olliver Schinagl wrote:
Hey all,

I was using current head on my Cubietruck; and it kept crashing. I first
tried to revert the density/width only, but that made no difference what
so ever.

Oh dear.
Aye!

Using the merge tag seems to be fine however, d2a8c8da1.

So it is one of the newer patches, will slowly progress the line, as time permits, to find the culprit.

The first crash I had on cloning git during 3.4.79+; i first reverted to
Hans's 3.4 series from fedora 19, but then a big huge oops happened even
during boot. And consistently during boot. It doesn't seem to be power
relate either.

I have since reverted to d9aa5dd3d and that seems to be stable again.

Which branch are you running? u-boot-sunxi/sunxi I guess but you mention
Hans' series so maybe jwrdegoede/sunxi-next?
for u-boot, the linux-sunxi u-boot variant.
for the kernel, hans's 3.4 that comes with fedora 19; but I initially experienced these problems with one the sunxi nightlies, a 3.4.79+

I will cook dinner now, and keep the board running using the d9 hash and
checkout a few newer revisions then. Stable for 10 minutes now though ;)

The obvious first one to try would be d2a8c8da1c6 "Merge tag
'v2014.04-rc2' into sunxi". Its immediate parent on the sunxi side is
d9aa5dd3d which you've already found to be stable. If you can rule that
out then the rest should be fairly tractable to bisect... Looking at
"gitk d9aa5dd3d...u-boot-sunxi/sunxi --not origin/master" most of them
are supposed to be "no semantic change" type cleanups or things which
don't touch cubietruck...

If it does turn out to be the merge then I think it will be time to take
a fine toothed comb to the merge...
Luckily, this does not seem the case. I will keep you all posted.

Olliver

Ian.