On Mon, 26 May 2014 09:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
tux.mar...@gmail.com wrote:

> > If there is no support for your device in the u-boot bootloader, you can
> > try
> > one built for a different A20 device, such as the Cubieboard 2 or the A20
> > version of MK802. Chances are, it will work fine. However if you want to
> > ensure that your device works reliably, and especially if you plan to have
> > several of them ("servers"?), the proper way is to help add support for it
> > by
> > following http://linux-sunxi.org/New_Device_howto (first ensuring it has
> > not
> > been added already under some different name).
>
> Can I brick it after flash bad bootloader (for cubiebord, olinuxino,...)?

You do not need to touch the internal NAND whatsoever (if you don't want to).
All GNU/Linux experimentation can be done while booting from SD cards.
Yes the Allwinner chips are awesome like that, akin to an old IBM PC with a
boot diskette inserted into drive A:, they will happily boot from any SD card
you prepare. Can try different bootloaders, even operating systems just by
swapping the SD card. The internal flash remains completely untouched (and
ready to run the factory-installed Android if/when you want to).

> How complicated is customize u-boot to work with this android box? I have no
> experience with ARM. I use only Raspberry Pi with official Raspbian image.

Check that "New device howto" page, I think it had very detailed steps on what
you need to do. If you're not a programmer then perhaps you could just submit
the information the page asks for, and then someone else could make the actual
patches for u-boot.

> Is possible to get info from device without flashing other firmware? If
> u-boot doesn't work I would like to use it with android as TV player.
>
> If I get info from device can you please help me customize u-boot? How much
> money you want?

Sorry I am not an u-boot developer, but there are some of them on this list.

--
With respect,
Roman