Dear Puneet,
In case you dont mind sacrificing a usb port, use a usb to audio adapter
like below
 http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-3-5mm-Jack-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0058P0I2C
they are not really expensive you can get it under 200/- INR.
In case u really want to use line-in you have to build a circuit yourself
like below:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/micamp.html
read the questions and answers. regds mallah.