Master or slave is determine in the ALSA set_fmt call which is made to
both drivers.

/* master or slave selection */
switch(fmt & SND_SOC_DAIFMT_MASTER_MASK){
   case SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CBM_CFM:   /* codec clk & frm master */
      break;
   case SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CBS_CFS:   /* codec clk & frm slave */
      break;
   default:
      return -EINVAL;
}

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:49 AM, Puneet B <punit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am able to get beep in my board by making both A20 and codec as salve.
>
> --

Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com