On 17/08/14 21:18, jonsm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I think I found the bug, my sgtl5000 is happy now at lower clock
> speeds. I was missing a 'L' and a value got truncated to 32 bits.

Sorry for the late reply, I guess we're in different timezones :)

Yes, that seems to work here too, giving expected outputs at lower
frequencies.

Noticeable that at higher frequencies there are large jumps, for
example it gets to 6MHz then jumps to 8MHz then to 24MHz

period values to frequencies look like this
up to 83        24MHz
84  - 104       8MHz
105 - 145       6MHz
146 - 187       4.8MHz
188 - 229       4MHz
230 - 270       3.4MHz
271 - 312       3MHz

and carries on in similar fashion with the jumps becoming smaller
each time as frequency decreases.

I didn't look at the code in detail, but presumably this is
just a an expected result of which prescaler and divisor are being
picked and the PWM not really being intended to be used at high
frequencies.
It gets much less noticable as you go below 1MHz.