On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Siarhei Siamashka
<siarhei.siamas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:06:46 -0700 (PDT)
> TsvetanUsunov <tsvetanusu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we just assembled our first A31-SOM prototypes and they work fine with
>> Android.
>> http://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/our-first-a31-som-quad-core-arm-cortex-a7-system-on-module-prototypes-work-fine/
>> We have 3 spare A31-SOM-EVB to give away to interested Linux-Sunxi
>> developers who want to work to add A31 to Linux-Sunxi tree.
>
> Do I understand it right that these spare boards are specifically
> allocated for the developers willing to work on merging the sun6i
> code into the sunxi-3.4 kernel?
>
> Not everyone thinks that it is the best use of their time at this
> particular moment. But good luck with that and you are the boss :-)
>
>> More boards to give away will be available in September :-)
>
> This is a great news. The software support for A31 suffered
> significantly from not having an affordable development board.
> Thanks for taking the move towards finally solving this chicken/egg
> problem.

I ordered a devboard based on A31S (not A31) for 44USD, still waiting for it:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/quad-core-Allwinner-A31s-PCBA-board-1G-DDRIII-8G-NAND-FLASH-support-wifi-video-recording-playback/1989262018.html

I think A31S is a stripped down version of A31 (probably some parts of
the SOC are not activated/present).

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403