On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 09:19 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 09:38 +0200, Jorge wrote:
> > You'll need to run an hypervisor to arbitre the access to shared
> > resources for the two OSs, look
> > at
> > http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Allwinner
> > http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions I
> > believe there was some demo of a tablet running two android using Xen.
>
> <Puts on Xen on ARM upstream maintainer's hat>...
>
> This is exactly what I was about to suggest ;-).
>
> There is quite a bit of interest in running Xen on ARM from the embedded
> space, people are using it for in car infotainment systems, autopilot
> software for quadcopters and all sorts of interesting stuff these days.
> I know that people are certainly running FreeRTOS on top of Xen (the
> other one I've heard is QNX).

I should have said that if you want to know more check out the
presentations from the last two Xen Developer Summits in Edinburgh and
Chicago.
http://xenproject.org/component/content/article/9-uncategorised/159-xen-project-developer-summit-2013-videos-and-presentations.html
and I'm not sure the 2014 videos are posted yet but slides seem to be at
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/slides.
 There were quite a number of Xen on embedded ARM talks.

Ian.