Hello,

On Fri, 3 Oct 2014 04:55:22 -0700 (PDT) Markus Rathgeb wrote:
> Thank you for your work!
>
> Is there a git repository the changes could be found (to simplify merging /
> cherry-picking)?
> Is there some progress to get that mainline?

I've been waiting for some feed-back from sunxi community and been
otherwise busy.
Starting next weekend I may be able to get enough time to assemble a
new round and CC mainline mailing lists.
I don't have a corresponding (public) git tree though.

> Is there some way to enable RTC battery charging for the mainline 3.17?
> Using the 3.4 kernel we could use i2cset, is there something similar, we
> could use till the changes are merged?
> i2cset -f sunxi-i2c.0 0x34 0x35 0x82

It seems the default state of backup battery charging is enabled, at
least with the uboot version I'm using on my cubietruck (would have to
check which one exactly it is though).
However I have the impression that leaving the backup battery
charging on power-off causes the backup battery to drain quickly.

i2cset should still work even with 3.17, maybe with the need to point
it to proper /dev/i2c* device.

> Best regards,
> Markus

Best regards,