On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 09:39 -0700, Fabio_Khan wrote:
> Hello Everyone!

> I have just bought a Cubietruck and I really want to set up an
> hypervisor on it. My aim is to build the system entirely on a SD card

Cool!

FYI I'm one of the developers of Xen on ARM, but.. I'm about to go on
vacation for 10 days. If you don't find the answer here you might want
to try the xen-users list over at xenproject.org.

[...]
> wiki as guidelines:
>
> http://openmirage.org/wiki/xen-on-cubieboard2
>
> http://www.sourcediver.org/blog/2014/06/19/running-arch-linux-arm-with-xen-on-cubieboard-2/

Have you also seen:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Allwinner ?

[...]
> When I put xen in the toolchain, the kernel gets loaded but gets stuck
> almost at the end of its initialization not allowing me to get to the
> shell.

That usually means that there is no getty running on hvc0.

I'm not sure how one configures that with Ubuntu.

Perhaps boot native and then have a dig around under /etc and see if you
can find what creates ones for tty or ttyS and copy those?

Then once you've got a shell on a system with Xen running you will want
to arrange for the xencommons initscript to be run, that should setup
the userspace half (mount xenfs, start the daemons etc).

Ian.