Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> http://www.pc-magazin.de/ratgeber/banana-pi-r1-router-anleitung-openwrt-bananian-3021511.html
>
> Anyone has ever tested this router? I heard they had problems to make
> the BCM switch working properly.

I have it here and Igor Pečovnik already added support for Mainline with recent
u-boot in his Debian build system (he also adjusted GMAC send/receive clock
adjustments in u-boot because right now the network throughput between SoC and
BCM switch that acts as PHY is pretty slow):

http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/09/07/banana-pi-debian-sd-image/
https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/tree/next/patch

The BCM is also working with sunxi 3.4.x.

When I still have the board next weekend (dedicated to a customer's project)
I'll dig deeper into the network problem. Right now with Igor's u-boot
adjustments we only get 350 Mbits/sec.