Hi, ChenYu,

> Kevin, Shuge, do you know if the 2 chips are actually the same?
> 請問 A83T 和 H8 是一樣的晶片嗎? 提供給我們的板子上是印 H8,
> 但告知我們是 A83T 的原型機,讓人不是很有把握。
Yes, I have checked with my hardware colleague.
Some chips of H8 is same as A83T, and others are not.
The chips on the develop boards are same as the A83T, just different mark.

________________________________
Best Regards,
ke...@allwinnertech.com

From: Chen-Yu Tsai<mailto:w...@csie.org>
Date: 2015-06-15 15:56
To: Simos Xenitellis<mailto:simos.li...@googlemail.com>; Meng
Zhang<mailto:ke...@allwinnertech.com>; shuge<mailto:sh...@allwinnertech.com>
CC: linux-sunxi<mailto:linux-sunxi@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [linux-sunxi] Discussion about mainlining the A83T
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 5:05 PM, 'Simos Xenitellis' via linux-sunxi
<linux-sunxi@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Recently, several people received developer boards with the A83T SoC.
>
> I have collected information from a few sources and put them on
> https://linux-sunxi.org/User:Simos/H8HomletProtoV20_A83T
>
> The page includes a comparison of modules of the A83T with other A-line SoCs.
> There are high-resolution images of the board.
> In addition, the page has boot messages and also output of commands
> from the pre-installed BR Linux (kernel version: 3.4).

Some facts about the board:

Boot0 is V4.0.0.
DRAM is 1GB DDR3 @ 672 MHz.
eMMC is 8GB (7.32 GiB).
AXP818 is a PMIC & audio codec combo.
AC200 is a audio codec (unused here), TV encoder, ethernet PHY and RTC
4-in-1 chip.
USB0 (OTG) and USB1 (EHCI/OHCI) are routed directly to the 2 USB ports.
That means no actual OTG, only host mode.

The board (and schematics) say this is an H8.
However I won't be removing the heatsink to verify.
I don't recommend it either. It is quite warm just idling.
That said, the A83T has the same packing as the H8 (BGA 345),
though I have not compared the actual pin signals.

Kevin, Shuge, do you know if the 2 chips are actually the same?
請問 A83T 和 H8 是一樣的晶片嗎? 提供給我們的板子上是印 H8,
但告知我們是 A83T 的原型機,讓人不是很有把握。

The board runs a customized Android system.

Not sure if FEL mode or Android fastboot would work on this board.
If not, it's going to be hard to mainline without U-boot support.

UART0 is the 5 pin-out next to the WiFi module and AXP818.
It shares the same pinout as the micro-SD breakout, or the
A80 Optimus. Note that the onboard OS muxes UART0 onto mmc0
instead. :|

ChenYu

> I'ld like to start a thread about the planning of the mainlining of the A83T.
>
> If there are any other topics not directly related to this thread,
> please start a new thread.
NOTICE: This e-mail and any included attachments are intended only for the sole
use of named and intended recipient (s) only. If you are the named and intended
recipient, please note that the information contained in this email and its
embedded files are confidential and privileged. If you are neither the intended
nor named recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or
any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender and
destroy the original message and all your records of this message (whether
electronic or otherwise). Furthermore, you should not disclose to any other
person, use, copy or disseminate the contents of this e-mail and/or the
documents accompanying it.