Hi Ivan,

I have an A20 Cubieboard, is yours the same ?  I can see the crystal on the
board top next to the DRAM but I'm sure this is the 24Mhz crystal for the
CPU.  There is also a 25MHz crystal under the board for the emac phy.

My RTC is running at a varying natural frequency.  It gains/loses between
16 seconds and about 20 minutes per day probably depending on the
temperature.  But my CB2 is working and this is why I'm reluctant to drill
holes in a attempt to connect to F1 and F2 balls on the SoC for the 32kHz
crystal.

I agree that the A20 RTC is fine.  My CTs and OPi are all using this and
keep time while powered off.

Does the LOSC_CTRL_REG setting specify whether to use the internal
oscillator or an external source ?  Just a guess.

Cheers,
Steven