My Cubieboard runs Debian Jessie (linux 4.1 from experimental) on a SD
card. I'd like to shutdown pushing the power button as I do on my NAND
install (wheezy image and linux sunxi 3.4).

On Jessie acpi_listen (and journalctl|syslog|dmesg) doesn't register any
event when pushing the button while on Wheezy I get:

leo@cubetto:~$ sudo acpi_listen
button/power PBTN 00000080 00000000
Broadcast message from root@cubetto (Sat Aug  1 18:57:04 2015):
Power button pressed
The system is going down for system halt NOW!

Should I load a kernel module to get the button working?

Thanks, Leonardo