Hi,

Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 30-08-15 10:30, Yousong Zhou wrote:
Hi

In an OpenWrt ticket [1] I reported two issues encountered by 2 SD
cards of mine.

One of them failed with `error reading clusters` when reading a uImage
file of size about 2MB.  This issue happened after we switch from DMA
transfer to `mmc_trans_data_by_cpu()`.  It is caused by fixed 2
seconds timeout without considering the transfer size.  A fixed was
just posted [2] in OpenWrt-devel list.

The other card failed at the SPL stage with `spl: mmc init failed with
error: -19`.  That -19 is defined as macro TIMEOUT in U-Boot and it is
comparable to -110 in Linux kernel defined as ETIMEOUT.  This problem
happened after we switch the clock divider from the
controller-internal one to mod0-clock (commit fc3a832 "sunxi: mmc:
Properly setup mod-clk and clock sampling phases").  Actually TIMEOUT
is not the root cause here.  It is caused by
SUNXI_MMC_RINT_RESP_CRC_ERROR when trying to switch the card to
highspeed mode.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with sunxi clock
system enough to provide a fix for this.

More details can be found in the ticket description in link [1]

[1] https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/20387
[2] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/512163/

Thanks for the patch I've merged it into my sunxi u-boot tree,
and send a pullreq for merging it into u-boot master.

As for the other issue I've no idea what is going on there.

Hans, I take this as an ack from You. :) Yousong, I'll boot-test this patch on a couple boards I have, and then push into openwrt trunk.

Thanks,
Zoltan H