On Sun, 2015-12-06 at 00:45 +0100, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when trying to setup a build environment for mainline Linux I ran
> into some problems:

Which tutorial (or wiki page) did you follow?

> I tried the following:
>
> $ git clone --depth 1
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
> $ git checkout sunxi/for-next
> error: pathspec 'sunxi/for-next' did not match any file(s) known to
> git.
> Hmmm... what now?

This is wrong, because after initial clone the master is called
'origin'.
You should have used `git checkout origin/for-next` instead.

Also, official 'for-next' branch is stored at github.org/linux-
sunxi/linux-sunxi

> Now "sound/soc/sunxi" is missing entirely (probably because "git
> checkout sunxi/for-next"
> doesn't work).
>
> git send-email doesn't exist (git version 2.1.4).

This is probably your distribution (or operating system) related
problem.

[.. ]

Päikest,
Priit Laes ;)