On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Thomas Kaiser
<thomas.kai...@phg-online.de> wrote:
> Benjamin Henrion wrote:
>
>> The few images I tested were full of bugs and needed a kernel update
>> to get latest Loboris.eu version.
>

> Maybe it's a good idea to point out that while loboris' images/settings fix
> many things they're also responsible for worsening the overheating problems
> the H3 is blamed for. Please have a look at:
>
> http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/09/01/getting-started-with-orange-pi-pc-pi-2-and-pi-plus-development-boards/#comment-521235
>
> Maybe you can add this as a readme.txt?

I will add a README.TXT and a wiki page with my findings :-)

I have a OPI-2 (v1.0) and a OPI-PC (v1.2).

The naming convention (OrangePi 2, Plus, Minus, etc...) is just a
nightmare, especially to understand which image is compatible with
which, considering that the SOC is the same for all.

Orangepi.org has also an horrible website with a big rolling banner on
the top of the page, which is confusing even more visitors when you
want to know which board has what.

I went through different states yesterday:

1. Broken USB
2. Broken ethernet
3. Broken wifi support

But I am still stuck at having the 3 properly working, even with
Loboris latest kernel updated with this script:

http://filez.zoobab.com/allwinner/orangepi/mega/update_kernel.sh

which installs this kernel:

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.4.39-01-lobo (boris@UbuntuMate) (gcc version 4.6.3
20120201 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1-2012.02-20120222 -
Linaro GCC 2012.02) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 25 14:46:41 CET 2015

This kernel has working wifi+ethernet, but the USB is broken.

Most of those images seems to have been generated on the 30st of
August, and with a kernel that had broken USB+Ethernet.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762