Thanks for your kind words, Siarhei - and hi Boris!

Am 30.05.2016 um 18:13 schrieb Siarhei Siamashka:
Hi Boris,

Regarding the sunxi-tools repository maintenance, personally I'm
trying my best to slack off and offload all the bureaucratic duties
to Bernhard :-)

About submitting patches. Yes, we used to post them to the linux-sunxi
mailing list. However it did not look like anyone was interested in
reviewing them there anyway.

Submissions to the ML list are always welcome, of course. It just that the ML didn't seem to work for a "peer review" process on various occasions, probably due to lack of interest in the rather specific sunxi-tools scope. Thus we moved
on to a more github-centric process.

But if authors submit their sunxi-tools related patches to the ML, I'd expect they have a 'genuine' interest in taking them forward. I'm fine with commenting
on / reviewing those via the list too.

Moreover, Bernhard enabled Travis CI on
github, and this allows us to at least easily prevent FTBFS bugs from
landing to the repository and also to catch the cases of accidental
use of the "%d" printf format modifiers for size_t variables. In the
future we may also add a checkpatch.pl based check for ensuring the
coding style consistency. We are only getting familiar with the github
pull requests based workflow, so not everything is fully settled yet.

Our current understanding is that at least the "watchers" on the github repo
should get notified automatically on new issues and pull requests. But if
interesting features get introduced or more lengthy discussions unfold, it's
probably also a good practice to post a notification / updates to the mailing list from time to time, so those not actively following on github also have a chance to participate. Think "executive summary" here, with a link to the gory
details on github. ;-)

So opening a pull request on github is welcome. One the other hand,
IMHO having some discussion on the U-Boot mailing list would be useful
too. You can probably post some basic information to the U-Boot mailing
list (with the linux-sunxi mailing list also in CC) and provide a link
to the sunxi-tools pull request in it.

-- Siarhei

Now on to study the patch in greater detail...

Regards, Bernhard