I've taken a recent Allwinner Android dump and converted it to use
Google's repo tool. This wasn't too hard to do since Allwinner uses
repo internally and just restricts access to their git server (which
is an utterly stupid thing to do. A smart company would mirror those
repositories on github. Even secretive Qualcomm's Android is public)

So I took an 18GB tarball and converted it back to repo form. Build
instructions here:
https://gitlab.com/pine64-android/manifest/wikis/home

What this achieves is getting Allwinner Android under public source
code control. Now it is possible for outside developers to coordinate
working on it..It is also interesting to note that Allwinner hasn't
modified AOSP very much, maybe 1-2% is changed. You can look at the
diffs on github. Main repositories only have 5-10 lines of changes.

There are two main pieces - the AOSP overlay repos at github. And the
lichee repo at gitlab. Files in the lichee repo are too large for
github.

A wonderful next step would be to get rid of lichee/brandy and convert
over to mainline linux/uboot.

Let me know if there are any problem with the build, it is not well tested yet.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com